Works of art, historical monuments and antiques are exposed to the effects of time, natural influences and human interventions including unprofessional reparation. Synpo develops, improves and manufactures interesting products meeting needs of restorers and heritage authorities. We have taken part in preservation of important monuments of the Czech Republic (e.g. Villa Tugendhat in Brno, train "Slovenská strela", the Old Town Astronomical Clock in Prague).
Products for Restoration
- Solution of acrylic resin in organic solvents,
- Developed for restoration of metals, concrete, stone and wood in exterior and interior. Excellent binder for silver and golden metallic pigments exposed to weather. It can be used for bonding and protection of optical glass,
- Refractive index: 1.45-1.60
- Recommended dry thickness: 30 µm (one coat applied crosswise),
- Applicable by brush, roller, spraying,
- Yield: 8-14 m2/liter,
- Drying: 1 hour/30 µm.
- Special synthetic lacquer developed for reconstruction of Villa Tugendhat in Brno (UNESCO listed),
- Based on alkyd resin in organic solvents and special additives,
- Designated for wood; material for interior,
- Gloss is set according to needs of customer.
- Solution of acrylic resin in organic solvents with chemically-built UV stabilizer,
- Low viscosity,
- Protects against UVA and UVB,
- Designated for reinforcement of porous and non-porous materials (stone, concrete, wood, metals). Protection of statues, walls, etc.,
- Replacement of Paraloid 72,
- Density: 0.97 g/cm3,
- Recommended dry thickness: 20-40 µm (one coat applied crosswise),
- Applicable with spraying, curtain coating, brush, roller,
- Yield: 8-14 m2/liter,
- Drying: 4 hrs. at 20 °C.
- Special synthetic enamel developed for reconstruction of Villa Tugendhat in Brno (UNESCO listed),
- Based on alkyd resin in organic solvents, pigments and special additives,
- Designated for wood; usable also on metals with proper primer; material for interior,
- Available in gloss and semi-gloss version in color shades white, off-white and black.
Services for Restoration
Development and production of the required materials for restoration based on performed analysis,
Recommendation of proper application procedures,
Customization of parameters according to the customer,
REFERENCE: Villa Tugendhat in Brno, train Slovenska strela – period interior wood coatings.
Selection, offer and recommendation of proper product or suitable material base for your restoration project.
Analysis of original materials in our certified analytical laboratory,
Design and modification of recipes using results of analysis for a period look.
Choosing a proper product for the preservation of museum exhibits.