We have been dealing with the processing, modifications and further use of raw materials of natural and therefore renewable origin for decades. We have gained experience both in the field of polymer synthesis and in the use of biomaterials in the formulation of paint materials, casting systems, etc. Furthermore, we can also produce the results of development on a pilot plant scale.
We deal with the greening of existing products and processes, i.e. especially the reduction of emissions of volatile substances by reformulation, we recommend more environmentally friendly materials for specific applications.
Synthesis of Polymers
We offer research in the following areas concerning synthesis of polymer materials:
- Usage of biomaterials with functional groups for the synthesis of polymers,
- Modification of existing functional groups in biomaterials enabling their more sophisticated use as raw materials for synthesis,
- Polymers with specific functionality, especially in the field of biocides,
- Biodegradable polymers,
- More effective recycling of currently used plastics,
- Usage of enzymes as catalysts for very specific chemical reactions.
We have took part in following successful projects:
- Polyglycerine production and its utilization at the production of alkyds, polyesters and polyurethanes
- New biocide water-based binders and coatings for exterior and interior hygienic applications
- Preservatives for writing inks
- Encapsulated Nanodispersion Biocidal Systems
- Biocompatible and biodegradable polymers without foreign species
- Low energy recycling of waste polycarbonates with utilization of renewable resources for production of novel polymeric materials
- Enzymatically catalyzed synthesis of alkyd resins
- Novel polyfunctional hybrid polymers from renewable and recyclable raw materials with potential utilization of enzyme catalysts and nanoparticles
- Ecological dispersion polymer systems with the prolong synergic protective effect
- Chemical modification of humic acids and their applications
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY CROSS-LINKED POLYURETHANE MATERIALS FROM PRECURSORS OF COMPACT ARCHITECTURE
We are currently participating in the project National Competence Center for Polymeric Materials and Technologies for the 21st Century, which is the only one in the country dedicated to the issue of polymers and their impact on the environment. Article
Bio-Raw Materials in Paints, Composites and Casting Materials; Greening of Existing Formulations
We formulate all systems using biomaterials as binders, fillers or additives. We are looking for potential application of already developed biomaterials in the area of raw materials for coatings – for example, polysaccharides as a filler that can replace part of the titanium white, glycolipids as coalescents and wetting agents, essential oils and live lactic acid bacteria in encapsulated form as preservatives.
Furthermore, we will help you with the reformulation of existing systems to meet new rules of REACH regulation, limits of the content of volatile substances (VOC), content of metals in the role of catalysts and siccatives, limits of the content of some types of preservatives (CIT, MIT). We also focus on the biodegradability and easier recyclability of plastics.
We got our knowledge and used it in the following projects:
- Ecological epoxy casting systems for electrical engineering applications
- Vegetal fibres-reinforced PLA antimicrobial composites for packaging applications
- Center for alternative environment friendly high effective polymer antimicrobial agents for industrial applications
- Use of nanostructures and natural extracts as functional substances in active packaging materials with barrier, antimicrobial, protective and oxygen absorbing effects
- Bioactive packaging
- Nanostructured packaging materials of exceptional properties and easier recycling
- Ecological Systems Based on Thermoplastic Polymers for Special Adhesive Applications
- Ecological coatings containing non-toxic catalysts and anticorrosive pigments respecting EU legislation
- Paints with long-term antimicrobial effect for both indoor and outdoor applications based on nanomaterials and other new additives
- Water nanodispersion for functional surface treatment
- New types of composites based on local raw materials for strengthening of civil structures with emphasis on heightened fire endurance
- Czech center of nanostructured polymers and polymers based on renewable sources
- Coatings that fulfil new environmental requirements of the EU
- Photocatalytic surfaces with self-cleaning properties (Development of technology of novel surface materials with self-cleaning and germicidal effects based on photocatalysis utilizing of light energy)
- Modern ecological friendly coatings
The LACTYCOS product line includes a wide range of high purity alkyl lactyl lactates. They are intended primarily for cosmetics, where they serve as a smoothing agent, emulsifier, solvent, softener in detergents. They regulate sebum production at the level of hair follicles.